From: John M
To: ***
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [ROSEN] The Einstein issue of Discover Magazine, syntropy

Sorry, I have to leave in long precedents.
Dear Judith, you once wrote that you have troubles understanding the lnguage I use. I see it now, how.
> I thought I WAS being nice.<
Of course you WERE, I was referring to your probable contact to Antonella, if you devcide to do so. Nice: meaning not using RR-quotes to begin with, making friends with her first (you are pretty good at that), finding out her positions in the questionable points etc. - I have no intention to teach negotiation here.

>I don't see Antonella Vannini as being a member of any
"oppositional camp"; ...<
Nor do I - just pointed to a delicate possibility if she may fear of reducing the appreciation of her compatriot scientist. Maybe I am exaggerating my diplomatic precautions.

I don't see your hurtful retort warranted. I had no such thing in mind - or as far as I know - in my words either - to get a teaching.
I agree totally with your last paragraph.

(BTW I had no idea that you already HAVE contacted her I had the impression that you plan to).

John M